At Kodes we care about your privacy. We use official tools to ensure we can lawfully manage the processing of your data.
This privacy notice applies to the website https://kodes.me.uk and the mailing list.
We encourage you to read this notice carefully and you can always refer back to it, you’ll always find a link in the footer of each page of the website. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
We are Kodes Accessories, a sole trader in London. The data controller is Morena Fiore and the address is 91 The Roundway London N17 7HB, United Kingdom.
When you place an order, we’ll keep a record of your First and Last Names, chosen username if set, email address, billing address and shipping address.
Those are then stored in the website admin, powered by WordPress and Woocommerce. They both provide for a way to request access or deletion of this data.
Your details are then used to generate an invoice for tax purposes and to send you the order you have placed.
We don’t store any of your card information; these are handled securely over HTTPS by Stripe and PayPal.
If you contact us via the contact form, your name (if provided) and email will be contained in the email which is sent to us and an Email Log in the website admin. The email log’s main function is to monitor any issues with the emailing system; the log is cleared once or twice a year.
You can request for both email and Email Log record to be deleted.
When signing up to our Mailing List, we securely store in Mailchimp your First Name, Last Name and email address. Mailchimp offers ways to request access or deletion of your data.
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
- Invoicing for tax purposes
- promote new products
- Consent – there are checkboxes at the email signup stage for you to select what consent you are providing us with. You will always find a link to a page where you can manage these preferences at the bottom of each email we send you and the original email which confirmed your sign up was successful;
- Contract – we’ll use your Name and Billing Address to raise an invoice; we’ll use your email to send you updates on your order; we’ll use your Name and Shipping Address to fulfil the order;
- Legitimate interests – we need the data mentioned above to deliver your purchase to you.
We treat personal data confidentially and have security measures in place to make sure your data can not be accessed by third parties:
- We use HTTPS which means your transactions are secure.
- Mailchimp, who we use for our mailing list and newsletter, complies with GDPR, you can read more here https://mailchimp.com/gdpr/
- Our devices like laptops, mobile phones and tablets are always password protected.
- We also use a locker-type system to store our website accounts password on all devices.
- No personal data is written on paper or printed out.
- Your mailing list sign up is always done digitally, through Mailchimp; no written records are kept.
- Our invoices are stored securely digitally with Invoice.ly and Dropbox.
- We use Cloudflare to protect the site from being to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure.
As well as the measured mentioned above we also:
- Take daily backup to avoid accidental loss of data, to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
Storage of our data is ongoing. You can request for your personal data to be deleted at any time.
Your rights cover:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
You can exercise your rights to do all the above, and we aim to respond to your request within 7 days.
We use automated emails to:
- Send you a welcome email when you sign up to our mailing list, with a discount code
- Send you two follow up emails to tell you more about our brand and our latest collection
We might occasionally send automated emails for
- Requesting you review your purchase
- Sending you a birthday gift
- Abandoned Cart reminder
You can contact us at
+44 7789 866 809
91 The Roundway
London N17 7HB
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Mailchimp will track purchases from sent campaigns
- Facebook Pixels for ads and retargeting
The cookies won’t be storing any of your personal data, only data like page or product visits and traffic around the website.