I am possibly more of an artist rather than a methodical crafter, so after a few successful attempts at making Kodes, I started wondering what else could I use to make the necklaces.
I had previously bought some ties to be turned into necklaces (a complete different design from my Kodes) so I digged out a 70s looking stripy silk tie.
It took so much work! I had to unstitch it, then iron it as all the folds seemed set in stone. Then I had to somehow cut a viable strip from a not so regular piece of cloth (once the tie was unfolded). The I started the usual process of forming a long tube and what a nightmare it was to sew silk!